All Events / Trailblazers – Lead Change in Life, Work and World
Trailblazers – Lead Change in Life, Work and World
Join Aspire’s Founder, Dr Sam Collins, named by HM The Queen as “One of the Top 200 Women in the UK to Impact Business and Industry” and by CNN as “A Woman Shaping the World” and an international and diverse group of like-minded people for the first Trailblazers workshop in Los Angeles to become a leader and trailblaze change in your life, work and world.
We have been creating pioneering events & programs for 20 years across the globe. They have been described as “different to anything else, best in class, inspiring, powerful, space to think, challenging, innovative, fun, life changing and empowering”.
Trailblazers is Dr Collins’ first international event in Los Angeles
Benefits you will gain:
- Develop a vision of what's next for yourself, your workplace, community and world.
- Gain new solutions, systems and ways of thinking for change.
- Strategies to deal with opposition and difficult people.
- Tools to make your goals easy and quick to achieve.
- Ways to increase your intuition & be more innovative.
- Learn how to leverage your true passions, strengths and potential.
- Overcome obstacles and move past limiting thinking and fears once and all.
- Let go of the need to control and create freedom.
- Increase your courage to make things happen.
- Reduce stress and create true health & balance.
- Leave with a plan, new contacts and a supportive network.
We are particularly (but not exclusively) passionate about those who are working (or who aspire to work or want to support) in these areas:
- Creating peace/ending gun violence.
- Immigration & refugee crisis.
- LGBT and Transgender rights.
- Suicide awareness/mental health.
- Race and acceptance among all races for each other.
- Women and girls empowerment and leadership.
- Climate change.
- Homelessness especially among young people/women.
- Modern day slavery/trafficking.
- Foster care, especially among kids who age out of the system.
- 1 hour webinar to prepare, set goals and network online.
- 1 day workshop
- 1 hour post event webinar to support and hold you accountable for your workshop actions.
You’ll leave with the support and accountability to move towards your vision and be part of a global community of change makers. And by attending this event, you’ll be the first pioneering Aspire Trailblazers in the USA.
1 for 1 | Buy a place and fund a scholarship place for someone who cannot afford to attend.BOOK NOW
"It was a pure inspiration. I have the empowerment to change static views and engage further in equality. It crosses borders, it crosses sectors, it unites a flame inside you to stand up, raise the roof, to make a change with a massive support crew in tow."
Ambassador, ONE Campaign
"Personally and professionally, the Aspire workshop was probably the best investment in a day of my time, that I have made over a 30 year career (which included a medical degree and an MBA!). I have come away with the confidence and tools to make my impact, and thus the impact of my organization, exponentially higher.”
Dr Penny Woods, Chief Executive
The British Lung Foundation
“Wow! What a day. You’ve converted me from a strident sceptic of all courses to an avid fan of yours. Amazing women today. So much we can all achieve. Your stories carried us through and will stay with us forever."
Nadine Smith, Global Marketing and Communications Director
Center for Public Impact
Scholarship places are available for those working to change the world in charities, not-for-profits, schools, government and social enterprises. This includes students, unemployed, retired, veterans and stay at home parents. Apply here.
Group Rates are available too:
- 10% discount on normal the rate for 2 people
- 15% discount for 3-5 people
- 20% discount for 6-9 people
- 10 people plus – email us for a quote
For those travelling to Trailblazers:
The venue where we are holding the Trailblazers event has sourced the following near by hotels that range in price:
The Freehand – distance to the hotel, 4 – 7 minutes by car.
Ace Hotel – distance to the hotel, 4 minutes by car.
Hotel Figueroa – distance to the hotel, 4 – 7 minutes by car.
JW Marriott at LA Live – distance to the hotel, 6 minutes by car.
The Nomad – distance to the hotel, 6 minutes by car.
We recommend Uber or Lyft to get you to and from the venue. There is parking in local lots.
Also, you might find it useful to look at travel websites like Expedia, Booking.com etc. as they often do good flight and accommodation packages.
We do suggest coming in a day or 2 early to enjoy LA and recover from jet lag.
8am – 9am: Registration, connections and networking
• Welcome from Dr Sam Collins, Founder and CEO, Aspire
• Workshop objectives
• Your goals
• Group agreements
• Defining trailblazers
• Your Trailblazers project
• Life, work and world focus
• Personal, social and cultural belief systems
• ‘Busy disease’
• Imposter syndrome, self-doubt and confidence
• Changing your mind and self-empowerment
• Moving through obstacles
Creating your Vision
• Left v. right brain vision
• Realistic, plausible and possibility thinking
• Visualization of future
• Law of exchange, attraction and availability
• Increasing intuitive decision making
• Connecting to purpose and legacy
• Stepping into the unknown
• Giving and receiving help
• Delegating v. empowering others
• Time, space and saying ‘no’
• Brainstorming groups for new ideas and contacts
• Moving away from going solo to seeking like-minded support
Action & Accountability
• Creating your plan
• Lessons in resilience
• Finding a support system
• Committing to action
• Getting on the road
• Application of learning
• Dealing with opposition and ‘bumps in the road’
• Following through post workshop
• Workshop completion for 6pm
6pm – 7pm: Optional Connections & Networking
Scholarships for Trailblazers, May 10th 2019, Los Angeles
Scholarship places are open to those who cannot otherwise afford to attend Trailblazers.
To be considered for a place, you need to complete the scholarship application below as soon as possible to secure your place at this pioneering event.
We are particularly (but not exclusively) passionate about providing scholarships to those who are working (or who aspire to work) in these areas:
- Creating peace/ending gun violence
- Immigration & refugee crisis
- LGBT and Transgender rights
- Suicide awareness/mental health
- Race and acceptance among all races for each other
- Women and girls empowerment and leadership
- Climate change
- Homelessness especially among young people/women
- Modern day slavery/trafficking
- Foster care especially among kids who age out of the system
APPLY HERE NOW – We are waiting for you!
“I had such an exceptional experience at my first Aspire event. I wanted to send you a personal thank you for being so open and generous in all that you do. I have never experienced an event quite like yours anywhere! It was such a great experience.”
NICOLE DE LA LOZA RIVERA, WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, DOWNTOWN WOMEN’S CENTER, LOS ANGELES
Dr Sam Collins
Dr Sam Collins is a leading international voice on leadership and equality, a social entrepreneur, speaker and author.
Dr Sam Collins founded Aspire in the UK nearly 20 years ago when she was just 30 years old, now a globally sought after organization that empowers a new way of leadership in life, work and world. She has lived, travelled and worked in the UK, Europe, Canada, Africa, India, Australia and the US.
Sam has been named “One of the Top 200 Women to Impact Business & Industry” by Her Majesty The Queen, “A Women Shaping the World” by CNN and “Leader in the Workplace” by the Ogunte Women’s Social Leadership Awards.
A 7 year part time PhD explored the future world of work and she is the author of the internationally best selling book, ‘Radio Heaven – One Woman’s Journey into Grace’.
She has worked with global corporations, government and not-for-profits across the globe over the past 20 years and has contributed to The Financial Times, The Guardian, CNN, The Huffington Post, The Sunday Times and the BBC.
Originally from the UK and passionate about pioneering change, family and life balance, Sam now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and three children.